Blood Drives for 2017:
- April 9
- July 9
- September 10
- November 12
Sign up at the Information Table or online at www.bloodhero.com with the sponsor code “cristo” to reserve your time.
If you plan to donate blood, PLEASE follow these recommendations before and after your donation to ensure your experience is safe and successful.
For more information about Donor Eligibility: Click Here
Before donation: Get a good nights sleep. The day of, drink an extra 16 oz of water or non alcoholic fluids before the donation. Eat a healthy meal the night before and that morning (avoid excessive fatty foods). If you have been sick or not feeling well the week prior, please do not give blood.
After donation: Remain in the gym for 15 minutes, drink fluids and have a snack. Notify the staff immediately if you feel lightheaded or “just not right”. Over the next 24 hrs drink an extra four(8 oz) glasses of liquids and avoid alcohol. NO vigorous exercise for the rest of the day.
Questions? Contact Rita Block, RN Parish Nurse @ 480.948.1234 ext 1130.
Our participation as a congregation and your personal donation goes toward saving the life of an accident victim or surgery patient. Blood drives are held year round.
It is important to sign up for an appointment time. United Blood Services uses the number of sign ups to determine the staffing needed. We are sometimes unable to accommodate all who want to donate, because United Blood Services did not sent enough staff.
Team leader: Ron Howard – 602-903-0476
UNITED BLOOD SERVICES REQUIREMENTS
AGE: 17 or older
WEIGHT: At least 110 pounds
DONORS MUST SHOW IDENTIFICATION CONTAINING LEGAL NAME AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Date of Birth
• Social security number
• United Blood Services assigned donor number
• Photo ID DONATION FREQUENCY:
• At least eight (8) weeks between whole blood donations.
DO NOT DONATE IF YOU:
• Have a cold or flu symptoms on the day of donation or do not feel well.
• Have taken oral antibiotics in the last three (3) days.
• Have had close contact with a person who has clinical hepatitis within the past twelve (12) months.
• Had a tattoo, ear or skin piercing, acupuncture, accidental needle stick, or come in contact with someone else’s blood in the past 12 months. (Ear or skin piercing, and acupuncture procedures performed using single use, sterile or properly heat sterilized equipment are acceptable.)
• Have received a blood transfusion in the last twelve (12) months.
• Have had malaria within the last three (3) years or traveled to a malaria risk area within the last twelve (12) months.
• Are or have been pregnant in the past six (6) weeks.
• Have been treated for syphilis or gonorrhea in the past twelve (12) months.
• Have used a needle to inject nonprescription drugs (including steroids).
• Are at risk for HIV exposure, the virus which causes AIDS.
Other questions regarding donor qualification should be directed to United Blood Services at 877-448-4483.
Please bring a complete list of medications that you have taken in the past month.