What is “Shop It for Your Moppet?
A free exchange for children’s clothes, books, and toys with other moms. It’s frugal, green, and a great opportunity to clean out your children’s rooms, and take home something they need or want!
Who may participate?
Members of La Casa de Cristo, MOPS, MOMSnMORE, LCdC Preschool, and any guests. Please leave children at home. Childcare is not available.
What will exchange:
- Children’s clothes in good condition; newborn-kids size 16/XL
- Gently used children’s shoes
- Gently used kids accessories, outerwear, sports gear, costumes, and dress-up clothes
- Very gently used toys, games, books, movies, music, & video games
- Unopened baby food, formula, diapers, and wipes
- There’s no minimum for how many items you bring and no limit on what you take home; please just be courteous and generous
- Baby care items and maternity clothes are welcome
- PLEASE DO NOT bring in adult clothing or housewares
- Moms expecting their first child need not bring items to exchange but must stop by during one of the drop off times to get a ticket
Registration and Tickets:
Tickets will be issued for entrance for Shop It for Your Moppet when you drop off your items and complete your registration. Any more than two bags or boxes of items must be dropped off during the Pre-event drop-off times. If you’re not attending Shop It for Your Moppet but still want to donate items, please use the Pre-event drop-off times.
Pre-event Drop-off Dates, Times, & Locations:
- September 30 from 8am-12pm outside the Sanctuary
- October 2 from 9am-12pm & 6:30-8pm in the Gathering Place
- October 3 from 9am-12pm & 6:30-8pm in the Gathering Place
- October 4 from 6:30-8pm in the Gathering Place
- October 5 from 9am-12pm in the Gathering Place
NO SATURDAY DROP OFF
Policies for Shop it For Your Moppet:
1. No children are allowed in the Gathering Place during the exchange. No exceptions.
2. We provide the shopping bags for you. You are not allowed to bring baskets, carts, bags, strollers, etc. to shop.
3. Only one ticket per family, no matter how many times you drop off clothes. You cannot bring clothes from a friend and pick up his/her ticket. Each family must drop off their own clothing and receive the one ticket per family.
4. Only one shopper per ticket on the day of the exchange. Do no bring husbands, kids, friends, etc. to help you shop.
5. All drop offs must be made by Friday, October 5 at 12pm. There will be no Saturday drop-offs. The exchange starts at 9am Saturday.
October 6- Shop it For Your Moppet:
Arrive in the Fellowship Hall between 8:30-8:45am for instructions and to receive your shopping bag
9-10am: The Official Opening
You must have a ticket for entry. At this time, shop any of the tables. If you see something you like, take it home!