The Technology and Faith Worship Series begins on April 7/8 and runs for four weeks.
Join us in worship as we explore how our faith interacts with technology. We will examine technologies of today and technologies in the Biblical day and how our faith relates to it all.
All sermons for this series will be provided on this webpage.
Want to Track, Limit, or Compare your Phone App Usage?
With technology dominating so much of our daily lives, it can be easy to find ourselves swept away, hyper-focused and unaware of the reality of our time. It’s our hope that through this four-week series, we are able to help shed light on technology’s role and purpose within our lives. Below we have listed a few phone apps that can help you monitor and even limit your phone usage.
SPACE – Break Phone Addiction
- “A personalized program based on your own phone habits and personality
- The opportunity to set and refine your goals for time on your phone and number of unlocks
- Tracking to study your phone usage patterns, with a quick way to track your progress over the course of 60 days
- Tools like screen dimming to help you disconnect from your phone
- Non-intrusive notifications to interrupt your unhealthy phone behavior and keep you on track
- Achievements for meeting your goals which will build a beautiful galaxy over time”
Moment – Screen Time Tracker
- “Tracks how much you use your phone or tablet automatically.
- Keeps track of what apps you use the most almost automatically (iPhone only).
- Trains you with the Coach to use your phone less, if that’s your goal.
- Logs how many times you pick up your phone each day.
- Force yourself off your device when you’re over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
- Break down each day to see when you’re on your device and what apps you’re using.
- Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
- Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
- Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders”
AntiSocial: Phone Addiction
- “Keep track of your unlocks and phone time
- Track all of your daily phone usage
- View daily and weekly reporting of your app usage
- Compare your app usage with others from around the world
- Signature in-depth scoring system
- Discover ways to break your app addiction habit
- 3 optional blocking modes to help control phone use, block apps that you overuse”
Week 1: April 8th, 2018 by Pastor Jeff Ruby
Week 2: April 15th, 2018 by Pastor Chris Tansey
Week 3: April 21st, 2018 by Pastor Jeff Ruby
Week 4: April 28th, 2018 by Pastor Matt Knopf
- Elements of Worship Series – 4 weeks (Jnauary 7th – February 11th)
- Questions Series – 4 weeks (February 18th – March 11th)
- Family Worship Service – (March 18th)
- Palm Sunday & Easter – (March 25th – April 1st)
- Summer of Promises – 6 Weeks (June 3rd – July 8th)
- Road Trip – 6 weeks (July 15th – Aug 26th)
- See Our 2018 Worship Series