As part of Lent (a season of reflecting on Jesus’ journey to the cross), Lacasafamily is encouraging kids, youth and families to give up something so that they can give clean water to someone who needs it. As Jesus’ sacrificial lifestyle produced so much good, so can we.
La Casa de Cristo Kids, Youth, Families and Church members are invited to find creative ways to raise money and support this global issue. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! We can do far more together than we ever could alone.
Jesus said, “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me… Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:35 & 40
What can you do to help?
- Have a lemonade stand, bake sale or garage sale.
- Sell some of your unwanted stuff on Ebay or Craigslist.
- Start a clean water club at your school.
- Give up Dutch Bros for a month or just order water when you go out to eat.
- Share an email with some links below with family, friends and co-workers.
- Bring a friend to the YOUTH ALL NIGHTER April 5-6, 2019. Yup, every friend that is brought, 100% of their registration fee will go towards providing clean water to those around the world in need through the organization Charity Water. This event is open to Junior High and High School youth.
THEN, donate the money you raised here: Lacasafamily Clean Water Donations
Feel free to explore the following links and what else you can do to help this global issue:
Clean Water Organization: Charity Water
Video Shown in Youth Group: Story of Charity Water
Many of us have no idea what it’s like to be thirsty. We have plenty of clean water to drink. But many people around the world don’t have that luxury. Every day, about 1,400 children die from diseases caused by unsafe water and poor sanitation. But it doesn’t have to be that way. There are simple solutions like drilled wells, spring protections and BioSand filters that help provide clean water to communities around the world.
100% of the money will be used to build clean water projects, and when they’re complete, charity: water will send us photos and GPS coordinates so we can see the exact community we helped. We then will share with the church these pictures and stories of what our efforts have done.