WHEN: July 25th - July 29th, 2021
Check-In Time 2:30pm
We will return to LCDC on Thursday, July 29th by noon
Living Springs Camp3500 North State Route 89a, Sedona, AZ 86336
Registration & payment due by Thursday July 1st, 2021
We grow in our relationship to the Father, because of the Son, through the Holy Spirit.
- Confirmation Camp has been a tradition of La Casa de Cristo for 40+ years. It is not uncommon to hear people say the highlight of their Confirmation experience at LCDC was Confirmation Camp. Many would even say it was when their relationship with God made sense to them for the first time or that they made a personal decision to follow Christ with their whole heart. Wherever a kid is on their faith journey, Confirmation Camp surely plays a special role.
- This camp is a requirement for our Confirmation Program and offers a curriculum for better understanding the Trinity and one’s relationship with God.
- Our Confirmation Program is a two-year program for 7th and 8th graders and kids become eligible for Confirmation Camp on the Summer between their 7th and 8th-grade year. If kids miss their first chance to go, they must plan on attending Confirmation Camp the following year to finish Confirmation. We do not offer a makeup class for Confirmation Camp as it is impossible to recreate.
- Camp Schedule:
- Morning sessions on the Trinity in Sedona’s beautiful outdoors
- Afternoon fun and games and swimming at the creek
- Evening worship and messages to strengthen our relationship with God
- 3 delicious camp meals and YOUR cookie snacks offered each day
Kids and friends that want to be part of our youth group but not necessarily enroll in Confirmation are welcome to attend. We hope that the teenager and their family would want to make LCDC their church home, see value in our Confirmation Program, and continue on in our youth group if they do not already have one. We have ways for kids to catch up on missed Confirmation classes if they decide to join mid-program.
- We are so excited about this trip, thank you for all your support to our youth ministry!
- The cost of the trip is $180 per kid
- Parent drivers help keep the costs down! Please note if you can drive “To,” “From,” “Both Ways,” or “Not Able” when registering.
- sleeping bag & pillow
- Girls enjoy a large house with carpeted floor to camp out on (foam sleeping pads recommended).
- Guys enjoy rustic cabins with bunk beds and mattresses to sleep on.
- shower towel, shampoo, toiletries, etc.
- The bathrooms have curtained showers and changing rooms (kids do swimsuit showers)
- sweatshirts and pants for cold mornings and nights
- tennis shoes, shorts and t-shirts for afternoon games & hikes
- swimsuit, swim towel, sunscreen & bug spray!
- water shoes or shoes you don’t mind splashing around in the creek
- BIBLE, PEN, FLASHLIGHT
- water bottle labeled with name (optional)
- trash bags to keep dirty/wet laundry
- We do not allow cell phones, iPads/iPods/electronic games, etc.,You will LOVE LOVE LOVE this new way of life! We call it “Facetime.”
- Sorry, no junk food/snacks. Animals & critters will sneak into your cabin and bag when they smell what you got!
Sunday, July 25th
- Check-In inside the LCDC Gathering Place @ 2:30pm
- High School Leaders will take your luggage and sleeping bags and pack them into the trailer for you
- Kids & parents check-In inside the Gathering Place
- Check-In meds with Suzan Scudder
- Drivers check-In with Sean Sheridan
- We will leave the LCDC parking lot by 3:00pm
Thursday, July 29th
- We plan to return to the LCDC parking lot by noon.
- If we happen to arrive earlier, kids may be using their driver’s phone or high school leader’s phone to call you and let you know.
Say a prayer for us! We desire God’s love to meet each and every one of the kids in a wonderful way. We are so excited and ready for a fun experience together!
Confirmation Camp Reflection
1 Page Paper or Video
- Questions: If you have any questions about scheduling or anything regarding this trip you need to talk about, Sean and Suzan would be glad to chat with you.
- Financial concerns? Please don’t hesitate to ask for a scholarship. We believe money should never get in the way of how God wants to move in a teenager’s life. Click HERE to fill out our scholarship form and email it back to us.
- Office number: 480-948-1234
- Email: email@example.com