High School Summer Trip
June 15 – 22, 2019
We will be staying at the historic First Presbyterian Church Hollywood, a block away from the famous star walk on Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles is not only a city of the rich and famous but also where 27% live below the poverty line (with a population of 10 million, that means 2.7 million people). Our mornings will be spent partnering with effective and reputable non-profits serving the urban poor, providing us a variety of really cool service opportunities!!! Then we’ll enjoy incredibly fun activities in the afternoons and evenings of worship and messages about HEAVEN ON EARTH. We always have surprises up our sleeves too, so get ready for an amazing trip you and your friends will love, an experience you’ll never forget and forever be changed by!! Sign up today!
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
Cost is $575 if registered and paid by Wednesday, May 15.
Early Bird Rate – Cost is $525 if registered and $200 deposit is received by Sunday, April 14.
A $200 deposit secures your spot and helps us with buying discounted tickets, down payments on buses, special activities and t-shirt orders!
TWO MEDICAL FORMS
1) CLICK HERE for the Youth Medical Form (Valid from 2019 through May 2020)
We annually require our participants to complete the Youth Medical Form. This form will be kept on file and is good for ALL LCDC events through May 2020. You only have to do this once per year as long as the medical information hasn’t changed, WAHOO!! This medical form has to be printed, filled out, and returned to LCDC for every participant. Your registration is NOT complete without being turned in. If you have already completed it for another event, you are good to go through May 2020!
2) CLICK HERE for the Off Campus Form (Required for Every Youth Overnight Event/Retreat)
We require our participants to complete the Off Campus Form for EVERY overnight event/retreat we do. This form involves over-the-counter medications and medications the participant will be bringing with them. This form must be printed, filled out, and returned to LCDC for every participant. Your registration is NOT complete without being turned in.
CLICK HERE to view our liability consent policies
Please print, complete and deliver to the Church Office or at Youth Group. Blank copies of these forms will be available at Youth Group and the Pre-Trip Parent and Student Meeting.
Pre-Trip Parent and Student Meeting
- Wednesday, June 12, 6:30-7:30pm in the Sanctuary
- We want to pump you all up for High School Summer Trip, offer a chance for parents to meet the adult youth leaders, overview some trip details, cover behavior and medical policies, and provide a last chance opportunity to turn in missing forms & remaining balances.
- This meeting is required and we will have a check-in to make sure each teen/family has received our information and turned in all forms and balances. Please contact Chris or Suzan if you are unable to make this meeting.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your questions to this parent/student meeting!! We can’t answer all questions because some are surprises, such as afternoon activities and what’s for dinner, but we do want to assure you that your teen will be in good hands. We are so excited for this trip and have been praying and planning for it literally this entire year!
- Clothes for a week including:
- An outfit for church on Sunday
- Work project clothes (Mon-Thurs, 4 days of work projects) including t-shirts, 1 pair of jeans, shorts, tennis shoes (closed-toe-shoes) and socks!
- Change of clothes for afternoon activities. Expect temperatures with a high of 85 and lows in the 60’s.
- Light jacket or sweatshirt
- You will get a sweet summer trip t-shirt to wear on Friday!!
- Beach Day: Swimsuit, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, sandals and a beach towel
- Clothes for a week including:
- Bathroom & Shower Stuff
- Soap, shampoo, towel, toiletries (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.), sandals
- Swimsuit (optional). Hollywood’s YMCA has community showers and some private handicap showers.
- Trash bag for dirty laundry
- Trash bag for traveling around with wet swim suit and towel
- Bathroom & Shower Stuff
- Sleeping Stuff
- Pillow (with your name on it)
- Sleeping bag (with your name on it)
- Foam pad (the size of your sleeping bag, with your name on it)
- Packing tip: roll the foam pad up with the sleeping bag
- Stuff NOT to Pack
- Cell phones, iPads, handheld electronic games, etc. You will LOVE the real FaceTime experience!!
- Definitely no alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, knives, fireworks, lighters, vape pens, etc. An expensive one-way plane ticket home is not worth it.
- Be respectful of our time and schedule. We have strict return times for certain activities that allow groups of kids/leaders to shop or explore theme parks, expecting everyone to return to the agreed upon meeting spot. To ensure this rule is respected, we charge $5 per minute each person is late and will donate all monies collected to Pastor Matt’s favorite charity.
- We also have zero tolerance for bullying and illegal activity. It will be an act of love for us to get you an expensive one way ticket home to think about your actions. Parents/Guardians will be expected to reimburse the church for any expenses required to respond to such issues.
- Link: Church Policy
- Friday, June 14 between 5:00-6:30pm
- Everything above will go on the Moving Truck during our luggage drop-off.
- Please check in any prescription medications in original containers.
- Spending money to be used during the week can also be turned in.
TRANSPORTATION UPDATE! A generous donor has helped upgrade our transportation from ten 15 passenger vans to three 55 passenger charter buses. We will be traveling with Via Trailways. The buses were a huge success last year to Colorado and we’re excited and grateful to have them again in Hollywood!
- Departure Time
- Saturday, June 25
- Check-in at 6:00am in front of the LCDC gym
- Hangout in the gymnasium until you’re dismissed to the 3 charter buses.
- Our goal is to leave the LCDC parking lot by 6:30am.
- Backpack for the Bus Ride from LCDC to Hollywood
- Bible pen and highlighter
- personal snacks
- watch (you will not have your phones & need a way to tell the time)
- sunglasses (optional)
- hat (optional)
- pillow (this is optional, you can send it w/ the moving truck on Friday)
- Backpacks are essential for when we go to the YMCA for showers.
DAILY VIDEO BLOG
Be checking lacasadecristo.com during our trip for our daily blog videos! It is a fun way to share in the fun your teen is having on Summer Trip!
- Saturday, June 22 by 3pm
- We will send out text alerts with our estimated time of arrival.
- If parents are willing to arrive by 2pm and help unload the Moving Truck, that will be great help!
- Kids will help unload luggage from under the buses as well as the moving truck if needed.
- If kids and parents are willing to stay and help relocate stuff to the youth room, kitchen or wherever things needs to go around the LCDC campus, we would be so appreciative.
- Many hands make light work!
- Questions: If you have any questions about scheduling or anything regarding this trip you need to talk about, Chris and Suzan would be glad to chat with you.
- Financial concerns? Please don’t hesitate to ask for a scholarship. We believe money should never get in the way of how God wants to move in a teenager’s life. Click HERE to fill out our scholarship form and email it back to us.
- Office number: 480-948-1234
- Email: email@example.com