February 7-9, 2020
*** REGISTRATIONS are due by January 26, 2020 ***
This camp offers very nice, spacious and heated cabins, delicious buffet style meals and a BUNCH of incredible activities. Some activities include their giant swing, rock wall, zipline, leap of faith, as well as their sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, 9square setup, pool tables, bonfires and more. We will have morning and evening sessions of worship, message and small group time to grow in our faith. We were able to add PAINTBALL as an activity at UCYC for an additional $10/person for a 90 minute game in their arena. We also have a surprise up our sleeve!
THEME: “From Seed to Sequoia” a line from Hillsong’s song “Seasons”
Jesus said, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches… If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
There are TWO Registration Forms to complete:
- We are also required to have parents complete UCYC’s camp form for their kids to attend this camp. Please print and return as soon as you are able. Thank you for understanding.
We also have TWO LCDC Medical Forms:
1) CLICK HERE for the Youth Medical Form (Valid from 2019 through May 2020)
- We annually require our participants to complete the Youth Medical Form. This form will be kept on file and is good for ALL LCDC events through May 2020. You only have to do this once per year as long as the medical information hasn’t changed, WAHOO!! This medical form has to be printed, filled out, and returned to LCDC for every participant. Your registration is NOT complete without being turned in. If you have already completed it for another event, you are good to go through May 2020!
2) CLICK HERE for the Off Campus Form (Required for Every Youth Overnight Event/Retreat)
- We require our participants to complete the Off Campus Form for EVERY overnight event/retreat we do. This form involves over-the-counter medications and medications the participant will be bringing with them. This form must be printed, filled out, and returned to LCDC for every participant. Your registration is NOT complete without being turned in.
- CLICK HERE to view our liability consent policies
WHERE: UCYC, Prescott
1400 Paradise Valley Rd
Prescott, AZ 86303
The cost is $225 if registered and paid by Sunday, January 26, 2020.
- INCLUDES TRANSPORTATION, LODGING, MEALS, T-SHIRT & ACTIVITIES
- We were able to add PAINTBALL as an activity at UCYC for an additional $10/person for a 90 minute game in their arena. Please email email@example.com to RSVP your spot and provide payment at check-in.
- You can pay online or use promo code “cashcheck” and provide cash or check made out to La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church and turn it in to the front office labeled High School Winter Retreat.
- Deadline to register and pay will be Sunday, January 26, 2020.
- Friends are always welcome!
CHECK IN TIME:
Friday, February 7, 2020
- 4:30pm in the LCDC Parking Lot
- All luggage will be stored directly on the church trailer upon arrival.
- Check-in inside the GP and turn in any medications you have if any.
- We were able to add PAINTBALL as an activity at UCYC for an additional $10/person for a 90 minute game in their arena. Please provide payment at check-in.
- Our goal is to be on the road by 5:00pm or before.
- Please arrive early so we can leave on time.
- Dinner is in Prescott on your own with your driver and our goal is to arrive at UCYC (the Summit) by 7:30pm.
Sunday, February 9, 2020
- We plan to return to LCDC around 4:00pm on Sunday. We will send out a text alert on our expected arrival. Let us know if you would like to be on that list.
- WHAT TO BRING:
- Bible and Pen/Pencil
- $10 for dinner in Prescott on Friday night
- A Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Towel & Shower Supplies
- Backpack for personal snacks and to carry lunch/water on a special bus outing!
- Trashbag for wet/dirty clothes.
- Warm Gear (Warm jacket, pants, closed toe shoes, socks, gloves, beanies, scarfs, chapstick)
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- We do not allow cell phones, electronic games or media devices. You will truly love the real facetime and community experience.
- If you need a cell phone to call your ride, it must be packed in your bag and turned off.
- No drugs, alcohol, vape pens, lighters, knives anything you have to think twice about!!
- A call to your parents to come pick you up is not worth it.
We are thrilled to have your teen’s involvement in our youth ministry! We understand various life situations cause financial difficulties and as a church, we never want any kids to miss out because of finances. Thankfully, anonymous donors provide scholarships (amounts and availability may vary and are not guaranteed).
Please take the time to fill out this Scholarship Request Form and drop it off at the church office with attention to Pastor Chris Tansey or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have questions. Our office phone number is 480-948-1234. We are grateful to help!
Highlights: UCYC 2018
In six days God finished all the work of creation and on the seventh day, God rested. Jesus’ last words on the cross were, “It is finished” and then he laid his head to rest. What did Jesus finish? What did Jesus accomplish? Jesus finished everything that was necessary so that we could rest fully in God’s love.