Director of Youth Ministries
Asst. Director of Youth Ministries, Volunteers
Position Reports to:
Family Ministry pastoral liaison and Senior Pastor
Position Supervises: Asst. Director of Youth Ministries, Volunteers
Position Reports to: Family Ministry pastoral liaison and Senior Pastor
We are a congregation in Scottsdale, Arizona, with a local, regional, and global focus on our mission statement of “Growing Disciples in a Community Where Love Works.” Inspired by the Great Commandment and Great Commission, we focus outward as a congregation, based on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are a congregation of several generations, with an average worship attendance of about 1350 each weekend at four services.
We cooperate in ecumenical ministries with all denominations and faith-based Christian ministries who confess the Triune God. We are governed by a Board of Trustees, composed of church members, both men and women elected by the congregation. All are welcome to our ministries; you do not need to be a member to worship or be involved in the life of the church.
At La Casa de Cristo (LCDC), the desire is to foster an open, collaborative working environment that engages staff and their unique spiritual gifts in the accomplishment of the mission of the church. LCDC’s staff is valued and considered an important asset, provided by God, to the church and its ability to help people fulfill our mission statement: “Growing Disciples in a Community Where Love Works.”
The Primary Focus:
Work with the Ministerial Staff to execute and implement a comprehensive approach to Youth Ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of Youth Ministry to:
- Develop, cultivate, and communicate the overall vision and strategy of the Youth ministry that reflects the mission, vision, and core values of La Casa de Cristo.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller, relational environments.
- Create attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Build and develop a team of passionate adult volunteers to help mentor and disciple students.
- Teach students Biblical truth and practical application.
- Incorporate students into various church ministries through serving.
- Support and resource parents in the process of discipling their students.
- Equip students to share the Gospel with their friends.
- Keep open, consistent, and clear communication with parents.
- Participate in conferences and training opportunities to stay current on youth culture and ministry trends.
- Develop a clear strategy for onboarding, recruiting, and training volunteers to serve in various aspects of youth ministry.
- Communicate with students and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, social media, texting, etc.).
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that student safety is a priority at all gatherings.
- Plan and execute trips and special events for youth ministry.
- Design, oversee, and evaluate all curriculum for the youth ministry program.
- Actively engage with students and parents during worship and youth worship services.
- Uphold the character and conduct outlined in the La Casa de Cristo Employee Manual.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Agree and adhere to the theology and values of the Lutheran faith
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ
- A college degree and 3-plus years of experience in the area of youth ministry preferred
- Comfortable inviting feedback and living in a culture of feedback
- Able to work in a team environment of creativity and collaboration
- Low drama, high momentum
- Good conflict management skills
- Proficient with social media, excellent computer skills, good verbal and communication skills
- Peripheral skills related to Youth Ministry, (such as video editing, musical aptitude) appreciated but not required
- Must submit to and pass a comprehensive background check
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
- Links to any relevant material (video, audio, references, portfolios, etc.)