Performance and Cultural Tour of Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic
October 5 - 16, 2023
You are invited to spend 12 days and 10 nights exploring the musical hot spots of Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic with Jennifer Sheldon and Dr Jeremy Peterman!
We’ll be visiting
- Berlin, Germany
- Leipzig, Germany
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Salzburg, Austria
You don’t want to miss this!!!
For more informations, please email Jennifer Sheldon, email@example.com
Watch the informational meeting here
Trip Details and Cost
- October 5 -16, 2023
- 12 days / 10 nights
- Berlin (1 night)
- Leipzig (3 nights)
- Prague (3 nights)
- Salzburg (3 nights)
- Guided walking tours of Leipzig, Prague and Salzburg
- Visit Wittenberg where Luther lived and preached
- Attend the Leipzig Lichfest – celebration of the Peaceful Revolution of 1989
- Organ focused performances including service participation in historic churches
- Attend two concerts or operas
- Lake cruise on the Mondsee
- 10 nights accommodation in double/twin rooms with private bath. (single supplement available)
- Deluxe private motor-coach throughout the land portion of the itinerary
- Buffet breakfast daily and seven meals, including a farewell lunch in Mondsee
- All gratuities to bus drivers, tour managers, local guides and group meal waitstaff included.
Land only: $2,717
Mendelssohn, Schumann, Wagner and Bach – all part of the history of this city of music. We’ll attend a service and have a personal tour of Thomaskirche where Bach was Kappelmeister. A highlight will be participating in the candlelight celebration, Lichfest, commemorating the end of communist rule in 1989
From Gothic Cathedrals and Art Nouveau buildings to the Vltava River (Smetna’s Moldau), Prague is enchanting. We’ll visit the imposing Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, the Charles Bridge and attend an organ concert. On the way to Salzburg, we’ll stop in the medieval town of Cesky Krumlov, a Unesco World Heritage Site
Baroque churches, a medieval fortress, and the home of Mozart – all at the base of the Alps. We’ll attend a concert or opera as well as participate in a service at the church in Mondsee where the wedding in The Sound of Music was _ilmed. The tour ends with a cruise on the beautiful Mondsee.