Join us at Camp June 5-10, 2022!
A mission to nurture and grow that you can join.
Volunteer Opportunities where you can change lives for the better.
Our volunteers are so important, and each person involved in making Royal Family Kids Camp special has an experience that is as fulfilling as it is impactful. Please click the buttons to see how you can help. We are in particular need of volunteers to join us at camp. Please prayerfully consider coming to camp with us and giving our foster kids an unforgettable experience.
Not only did La Casa de Cristo sponsor it’s first Royal Family Kids Camp in 2022, we will also be hosting our second year of the RFK Group Mentor Club. The purpose of Mentor Club is to continue the work started at camp and provide foster children a safe place to develop healthy relationships throughout the school year.
La Casa volunteers meet one Saturday a month September – May to mentor kids ages 7-12. From 9:00 am – 12:00 noon, the group provides bible based activities and fellowship.
This year’s Mentor Club theme, “Ultimate Superhero,” explores Jesus’ ultimate power as healer, leader, and friend.
Please support this program with your prayers. For more information or to volunteer, contact Kim Atchison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royal Family Kids (RFK) transforms communities by interrupting cycles of neglect, abuse and abandonment of children in the foster care system. We fulfill our mission by providing several programs, all directed toward transforming the lives of young children subjected to overwhelming and challenging circumstances.
To that end, we are excited to kick off our inaugural La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church’s Royal Family Kids Camp June 5–10, 2022, and we need your help to make it happen!! There are many ways you can participate:
1. Volunteer at camp: Come join us at camp and experience the amazing impact of how a week of Royal Family Kids Camp can transform lives. It is a truly life-changing experience!
2. Volunteer for “the home team”: Help support us as we prepare for camp and/or arrive back from camp. We need help on the day of check-in, the day of return, participation in one-day camp events, as well as preparing items prior to camp.
3. Donate to support campers and volunteers: It costs approximately $500 each to send a child or volunteer to camp! The good news is the AZ state TAX CREDIT that comes with the donation. That means your donations are a dollar-for-dollar tax credit up to $500 per person or $1,000 per married couple through Arizona Hope & a Future. Also, your donation does not compete with school tax credits – so you can do both if you wish. Click HERE to donate to La Casa de Cristo’s Royal Family Kids Camp through Arizona Hope & a Future.
We hope to have you join us for the experience of a lifetime!
Royal Family KIDS Camp (RFKC) is a one-week camp for kids in foster care, ages 7-11, who have been abused, abandoned, or neglected. The goal is to provide them with a week of positive memories in a Christian environment.
In Arizona, over 18,000 kids live in foster care. RFKC is an unforgettable week of summer camp for children who live the rest of the year in group homes or foster homes.
At camp we create powerful and positive memories by showing our campers God’s love to keep them “going and growing” until they return the next summer for another great week at camp.
During the week we throw a Birthday Bash—a time of cake, games, and presents—to celebrate every child’s special day. We plan many other exciting activities such as horseback riding, kickball, archery, paintball target practice, fishing, and more. Mostly, kids are affirmed through God’s compassionate care and love.
Birthday Party at Your Door!
This year, we celebrated our Royal Family Kids with a Birthday Party At Your Door! La Casa joined with other churches to create amazing presents for the children who would have gone to camp!
What Our Leaders Are Saying
- “Every year God gives me 365 days that I get to choose what I will do. This June I know 6 of those days will be filled with the Holy Spirt uplifting Foster Kids.” —Joe Wentling
- “I’m excited that La Casa de Cristo is leading our very first camp for Royal Family Kids. This is an amazing ministry.” —Kyle Treude
- “Royal Family Kids Camp is the best way to proactively impact a child’s future in a positive way. This is a great way to invest in our kids’ future to be productive, healthy and engaged citizens in our community!!” —Craig Culloton
- “What I love about camp is that there is a 1:1 ratio of adults to campers so I never feel like I am on my own in any situation.” —Sheri Lawson